The Ramblers and Access Groups are having a field day getting as many CLAIMS registered as possible before 2026.
All you need is an historic map of around 100 years old. Fill in an application form and make sure you tell anyone affected by your claim.
BINGO! You don’t have to even think about it again for a few years…….maybe Only 30……..
NOT SO FOR YOUR VICTIMS WHOSE LIFE YOU HAVE JUST BLIGHTED!
Oh and don’t forget that one day IT COULD BE YOU!
The Ramblers and Access Groups are campaignIng relentlessly to get as many applications in as possible before 2026 (and after that if they can get the deadline extended!)
ANYTHING that is registered as an application will be accepted regardless of ANY validity at all (other than a signature and letting the landowner know).
The VICTIMS then have 30 years to wait for a decision from the council that stands every chance of being an invalid application anyway.
The VICTIMS of a claim which is subsequently found to be invalid (after 30years) have already suffered;
1) An immediate financial loss.
2) Devaluation of their property and the inability to sell it or move because it is ‘blighted’ by the application.
3) Loss of all rights to be heard or affect the situation.
4) Stress and worry enough to cause major health and well-being problems.
5) Unwanted and unwarranted misunderstanding and confrontation with neighbours and powerful access groups.
Government, The Inspectorate, Councils, The Ramblers, The British Horse Society, Open Spaces and ALL ACCESS GROUPS seem to think that THIS IS OK!